The Spanish Researchers in Australia – Pacific is a non for profit organisation. The main objectives of the Association are to assist Spanish Researchers working in the Asia-Pacific region and promote networking and collaboration, assist Australian research institutes and universities understand the Spanish university system and to assist Asia-Pacific researchers to participate in the Spanish Research system.
The Association was created in 2014 with the assistance and support of the Spanish Embassy in Australia, the Cervantes Institute in Australia and the Fundación Consejo España-Australia. The Association currently has 45 researchers working in 15 major universities and research centres across Asia-Pacific.
The Association has direct links with:
- The Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) is a non-profit entity belonging to the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
- Acción Cultural Española (AC/E) is a public institution whose purpose is to further and promote Spain’s culture and heritage within and beyond its borders.
- NSW Chief Scientist
- Spanish Embassy in Australia, Canberra
- Fundacion Consejo España-Australia
- Australian Embassy in Madrid
- Fundación Ramón Areces
The Association collaborates closely with:
- Governmental agencies in Spain
- Other Spanish Researchers abroad associations (Federation)
- Other associations of European Researchers in Australia-Pacific
- European Commission, Council and Parliament
- Spanish companies in Australia and Australian companies in Spain